Bestest art teacher in the world ^_^

Well I thought I'd do a few posts since I've now finished school, and I think I'll do three which are related to teachers (including this one).

This here post is dedicated to the coolness of my art teacher Mr.Wadwell, from having years of crap art teachers who sit there and make you do nothing, for once I've been made to do art for the past two years. I had always liked art but pretty much sucked.

And as he puts it he taught me how to draw, now I could draw before, just not so well, I've learnt a lot from him and am happy I had such a good teacher for these past two years.

He was also a pretty cool teacher as he had an okish taste in films, great taste in music and was alround a fun person to be around, shame he was so sarcastic sometimes, it could get old when you've heard the same thing about 5 times :P.

But enough of that, I'm so happy that my art has developed so well, as otherwise I probably wouldn't have decided to go to uni, and he's the reason I decided to go with art.

Thanks Wadders.

If there's any teacher I'm gonna miss the most it'll probably be him, altho it's gonna be hard to forget Mr.McLeod or of course Mr.Morris, pictures and a bit of writing about these two teachers coming soon when I have a photo ^_^

For those that haven't seen him, here he is in all his glory :P

wadwell

Apparently he had 19 piercings...or maybe it was 15, whatever it was I've never had a teacher like that in my life ^_^ since they're usually all so serious.

6 comments

Comment from: Cptalbertwesker [Visitor]
Cptalbertwesker

Ja, he was cool. You will be missed Steven Wadwell... jeez sounds like hes dead or something O_o

17th May 2006 @ 16:45
Comment from: zoe [Visitor]
zoe

omg i have him now! so u went sandon??

18th January 2007 @ 18:58
Comment from: Catherine [Member]
Catherine

Yes I did, I only left last summer, not that long ago.

18th January 2007 @ 23:34
Comment from: Shelly [Visitor]
Shelly

Any chance anyone knows where he is now? I'm applying to be an art teacher and he was my first art teacher - i could do with a friendly hand in my assessment lesson plan! Thanks

13th April 2008 @ 16:06
Comment from: Catherine [Member]
Catherine

As far as I know he's still at Sandon School in Great Baddow, Essex, he may have left though.

13th April 2008 @ 19:17
Comment from: Isaac Dogliani [Visitor]
Isaac Dogliani

This is great finding a blog on Wadwell! he tought me for two years when i started east barnet school north london 10 years ago. He is a "Style Guru" as he puts it. great teacher, the art classes where the pace to be, always full during lunch hours and after school. people could bring in music to play and wear what they liked. he took me under his wing as he could see i had a natural talent. He started an art group with the keen students who had a bit of flair, and we began a project making world flags out of clay. He told us it was a surprise and that we were not to tell the head teacher or any others... funnily he left the school just before completion and the clay flags disappeared with him.
some of you guys are still in contact with him, i'd love to find out what happened to the flags, it would be great to hang out with him some time i'm now in a rock n roll band now, BIG LOVE WADWELL, Ike

24th December 2013 @ 14:54

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...

Form is loading...